Friday, June 13, 2014

So Long, Farewell...

Dear Hardworking Journalists' Families,

As many of you saw, our last day of school was not only a day filled with fun games, lots of laughs, and spending time together; it was also a day of closure.  Goodbye's can be hard, but they are also very important for communities to share, to honor each other's feelings.  For our final goodbye, we wrote in our Class Journal, not about what we did that day, but about our thoughts feelings about it being the last day of Kindergarten.  This is what they said.

Gaby:  I had a great time this year with all of my friends and I will miss each and every one of you guys.

Fiona- I feel sad because it's the last day of school.  I'm glad it's Pajama Day.  It's hard to talk when you're sad.

Patrick-  I am sad because I will miss my friends and I won't be able to play with them anymore.

Lorenzo-  I'm sad cuz I'll miss this school.

Mirriam-  I feel sad because I will miss you all, but I'll still see Gaby, and I love you all.

Xander-  I'm happy that I'm going to a new grade.

Ashtyn-  I will still see Christian and we are going to the same class.

Isaac-  I feel sad cuz I like KinderCare and I love this school.

Isaiah-  I will miss all you people, but I will still remember you.

Bryson-  I will miss everyone in the class, but I will see you in 1st grade, and I'll have fun on summer break.

Ryan-  I'm going to miss all of my friends and everybody else.

Teagan- I'm sad.

Kayla-  I'm sad that I'm going to miss everyone in this class.

Chloe-  I fee sad because I will miss some friends that are going to a different school.

Jacob-  I feel sad because I won't see you for a little while, but I'll still see you.

Clara-  I am feeling a little bit sad and happy and I'll see you in September.  I'm excited for the friends going to a new school.

Logan-  I'm sad I won't see some of my friends who are going to a different school.

Nativ-  I will miss everybody in this whole school.  And I am going to Israel and still remember you.  You're still my friends.

Christian-  I'm sad because I will miss you all.

Michael-  I'm going to a place like school while my parents go to work.

This was quite an emotional last Meeting Time.  We ended with our Special Goodbye Circle, but this time, instead of whispering a special message to the friend next to you, hugs were given, which were really sweet.  We ended with giving ourselves a big round of applause for completing our year together and for having done such hard work!

It was truly a pleasure coming to work everyday and getting the chance to work with your wonderful children.  I am sad to see them go on, but am very excited to see them grow and continue to develop into beautiful, thoughtful, and curious people.  They know my door is always open, so please come in to say hello!

Thank you for an amazing year.
Love, Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment