Welcome to Our Kindergarten Community! As our school year commences, there are a few items that will help your child and our classroom get ready!
Classroom needs list:
Please do not label these.
These will be used as community property by all friends.
- 1 ream of plain white printer paper
- 1 pack of cardstock paper (variety is key, so any color works!)
- 1 pack of large painting paper approximately 18" x13" finger painting paper or quality water color paper
- 1 box of kleenex
- 1 box of wet wipes
- 1 box of multi size bandaids
Personal needs list:
- 1 backpack that fits comfortably and that will hold your child's lunch box and journal- please LABEL this INSIDE for safety reasons
- 1 hat if desired, LABELED INSIDE
- 1 lunch bag or box with FABRIC NAPKIN (for a place mat and napkin), LABELED
- 1 reusable water bottle, LABELED
- 1 bag of extra clothes and shoes, LABELED
- 1 family photo or SMALL album of family photos if this would help your child transition or to share with others and make friendship connections
Here is a link to help you pack a Waste Free Lunch and help the environment while training your child to think green- we'll help them keep track of these, too.
Also, if you could pick a few items from this list, it would be a great help! These are definite necessities, but we do not need 25 of each item! If everyone brings one or two off of this list, we’ll have more than enough! (I’ll cross these off the list as they are received to keep it updated!)
- A few packs of index cards with lines
- A 50 pack of sheet protectors
- 1 2-pack of paper mate flair medium tip felt point pens
- A box of wet wipes
- Blue painters tape
- 1 multi pack of colored pencils
- 1 multi pack of colored thin pens(the last two above, don't worry about getting the "right" one. The more diverse options the better!)
Any item from our Amazon Wishlist would be appreciated as well! This list may be used as a reference to see what our class could use, not necessarily as the sole means to purchase the items.
List of things you may have around the house:
Note cards, envelopes, jars, yarn, magnets, fabric, silk scarves, etc... Allow me to stress that I am NOT asking you to buy new ones, but to bring in anything you might not be using or have too many of.
Lastly, throughout the year we will be using many different types of materials, and it's great to supply our friends with quality products. Joann's and Michael's gift certificates are great ways to support me to get the specifics! Also, we ask that you please donate $10-$20 to the Class Fund. Any cash donations can be delivered to the front desk and be sure to ask for a tax deductible form. As we are a public school, all donations are not mandatory but every little bit helps! Thank you for your generosity and contribution to our classroom!