Friday, March 14, 2014

March Songs and Poems

Happy Friday!

Have fun practicing these songs and poems at home with your child!  Thank you for helping them to prepare for this month's recital!

March
In March the wind blows down the door
and spills my soup upon the floor.
It laps it up and roars for more,
blowing once, blowing twice,
blowing chicken soup with rice!
-By Maurice Sendak

Rain
The rain is falling all around,
it falls on field and tree.
It rains on the umbrellas here,
and on the ships at sea.
-By Robert Louis Stevenson

from The Wind
I saw you toss the kits on high
and blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
like ladies skirts across the grass---
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!
-By Robert Louis Stevenson

from Singing in the Rain
I'm singing in the rain,
just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again.
I'm laughing at clouds
so dark up above.
The sun's in my heart,
I'm ready for love.
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place.
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
with a happy refrain
Just singin', singin' in the rain.
-By Gene Kelly

Love, Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment